Friday 28 October 2011

Winter is coming... autumn photographs


Hello folks! I think I mentioned online that last week I was off for a few days visiting family, which took me up to Leicestershire and Derbyshire.  It was lovely to get out of the big smoke for a little while and enjoy some idyllic countryside, which I thought that I would share with you all.

It was a good opportunity for some quality mother-and-daughter time, so me and my mum took ourselves off for a day trip to Kedlestone Hall in Derbyshire, where we enjoyed the sumptuous interior  as well as the extensive grounds (and of course, stopped off for a spot of lunch!)







On another day we headed off to Wistow Rural Centre for a spot of shopping and some lunch (though the cafe there was full to capacity - we ended up hitting the pub instead).  I picked up a couple of Christmas presents and also enjoyed having a nose around the Wistow Farm Shop.







After that we headed off for a walk down by the canal and across some fields, a perfect way to spend a sunny autumn afternoon.



       



I have a feeling that I'll come back to look at these photos a few times as winter continues to take hold, goodbye for now to the sunshine and fine weather!  I'm looking forward to spring already...

2 comments:

  1. Wow looks like the best place to go for a weekend escape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous up there, some wonderful countryside. And I do so like being out of doors :D

    ReplyDelete