Wednesday 7 September 2011

Red, yellow, orange and brown - the colours of autumn.

 I've been doing a lot of drawing in my sketchbook lately, especially as the season is now shifting from summer into autumn.  I tend to find that my work is very much reflective of what's going on outside, so as the weather gets colder I'm drawn to orange, red, brown and yellow - the warm colours of turning leaves, berries, nuts, rosehips and setting suns.


I started drawing this really cute little girl in Trafalgar Square, just a few moments before she and her mum wandered off!  So I had to make a lot of her up, which I think shows sadly.  I quite like the building in the background though.

Drawing of a dove.

Pairs of doves in different poses.


A mistle thrush and mistletoe, which is growing on an oak tree.  The bird gets its name because the mistletoe berries are one of  its favourite foods.

Well known evergreen plants - holly, ivy, mistletoe, yew and conifers.

Christmas foods - nuts and seasonal or preserved fruits are a recurring theme.

Autumnal foliage - deciduous leaves, berries, conkers, rosehips, acorns, nuts and mushrooms.





3 comments:

  1. The fruit looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that little asian girl, so cute! I do really like these drawings emma. Nice stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thank you so much guys! It means a lot to me when people take the time to comment, you're very kind :)

    ReplyDelete