Saturday 16 April 2011

Time To Fly

Greetings everyone! Well my time in the midlands is drawing to a close and tomorrow I will be heading back to London. I'm sad to be saying goodbye to my family, especially as the reason we've all gotten together is because my oldest brother is going to be moving to Australia later this year... so we don't know when we will all be together again. However I am looking forward to rejoining my other half, who has been on his own in our flat all week, poor thing!

But before I start packing I'll share some exciting news with you - you may remember that I had a private commission for a painting of a pair of owls, which I am pleased to report is now complete! I was really happy with how the picture turned out, especially as I put a lot of work into drawing all the feathers and patterning them beautifully. The recipients were very pleased too so it was a win-win situation! It's also inspired me to create more large-scale pieces in future, and with a show I'm involved in coming up this summer, I certainly have a good opportunity to do so... but more on that another time!

Thanks for reading folks, hope to see you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment