Wednesday 13 April 2011

Cute song thrushes in wild cherry blossoms - illustration for travelling sketchbook project

Hello hello! Just dropping in to share this with you, it's an illustration for a travelling sketchbook project I've taken part in recently, you can read more about it here. There are some excellent artists taking part, and at the end the sketchbook will be auctioned or sold with the proceeds going toward a good cause (said cause is as of yet, undetermined, but I'm sure it will be very worthy!) Spring was in the air as I was making this, so I celebrated the fine weather with song-thrushes and wild cherry blossoms.

Today sees me back in Leicestershire enjoying the hospitality of my parents for a week - I am feeling much more rested and relaxed already (I've tried to talk them into letting me help with chores but nooooooo..!) However, a trip to the doctor's this morning revealed that I have infected tonsils. It's a bit uncomfortable but on the upside they will clear up by themselves within a week (I hope). The doctor hasn't prescribed me anything but advised that if they're sore I can eat ice-cream to soothe them. Oh doctor, as IF I ever needed an excuse to have ice-cream! Like music to my ears...

Hope the weather is fine where you are, thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment