Wednesday 5 January 2011

Happy new year with markets and barn owls

Hello and welcome to 2011! I can hardly believe how quickly the last year has flown by. 2010 taught me many valuable lessons, and I thank that this year is the time to start putting all the things I've learned into practice. Nonetheless, I am beginning the new year by having a well-earned rest and some quality time with the family out of London. Here are a few photos of my (relaxed) exploits so far.





We also popped by Leicester pub The Old Horse for a convivial pint (as well as our first - and probably last - sampling of pork scratchings). Down in the beer garden there was a surprise - an enclosure with a pair of barn owls! I've drawn and painted barn owls many times but always from photographs because they are such elusive animals. So seeing them up close and in person was a real treat.




Thanks for reading, let's hope 2011 is a great year for all of us!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ems! Happy New Year and can't wait to see all the great work you make in the coming year! LOVE xxx

    ReplyDelete