Thursday 1 April 2010

Art Nouveau Barn Owl

Hello folks!

Just a quick little post today to share my latest illustration with you. I do love writing longer ones that are a bit more informative, but sadly it isn't possible at the moment. I'm having one of those seasons where the minute you finish a piece of work, you immediately have to start working on the next thing. The picture below was made as a submission for Cheapzine's upcoming book about art nouveau, which shared its deadline for entries with the Working Class Awards, both of which I managed to enter on time, just. No sooner had I finished the picture than I had to start working on a piece for an art-exchange, and an illustration of the letter L for Illustration Rally. Phew, I see a long day of drawing and painting ahead of me tomorrow! I'll be sure to put the results up here when I'm done. Wish me luck all!



Oh and just in case you were wondering, it's another barn owl. I seem to be a bit obsessed with them of late. And the flowers on the wallpaper are cornflowers and corn marigolds. Cheers for reading, as always!

2 comments:

  1. I just love this! I love owls and I have yet to even draw one yet lol Lovely work :-) Is it available as a print?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya April, thank you so much for your lovely comment!

    This picture isn't yet available as a print but I will be adding more work to my Etsy shop in the coming months. When I do I shall definitely be blogging about it here so keep your eyes peeled!

    ReplyDelete