Sunday 21 February 2010

A lovely gift and my retro kitchen

As promised, a lovely desktop wallpaper by Jen, proudly displayed in my matching (genuine!) retro kitchen. They suit each other beautifully!

This post is a couple of days later than I would have liked, but this has been quite a busy week what with one thing and another. The most time consuming activity has been making my facebook fan page, since prepping, uploading and organising my image gallery took most of a day by itself. It's pretty much finished now, all that's left to do is get some discussions going and twiddle with a couple of other things. If you have the time then please have a look and leave some comments, positive or negative I always love to know what people think!






As mentioned last post, this is hardly the way I would choose to decorate a kitchen... but when you're renting, beggars cannot be choosers. Also, this flat was a lot more generously proportioned than a lot of places I viewed while flat-hunting. In truth, it's quite alarming what will even pass for a home in London, and the conditions some people are forced to live in. I bet the estate agents would rent a broom cupboard if the law let them.

The colour scheme is a tad *ahem* overwhelming but over time it's grown on me, and looks more cozy as various bits and pieces were moved in (like my windowsill ornaments, including a polarbear mug from Paper Owl (aka Isobel Blake). Anyhow, if you're going to do bad decor, why do the usual dull, drab magnolia? Going all-out awful is way much more fun. And after all, there is a point where something is just so bad... it is almost good!

2 comments:

  1. oh wow. i think it's quite charming. like the formica table with chair, very cute. and how funny, my screensaver goes perfectly! ah, thanks for the peek into your retro kitchen - is it wrong that i really like it?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, not at all! And the table is even better with a pretty vase of flowers on it :D

    ReplyDelete